Manager- Group Sales (4636)
Manager- Group Sales
Alberta Blue Cross
Under the direction of the Senior Manager – Group Sales, this position is required to promote and market Alberta Blue Cross with group plan advisors and consultants. Overseeing the sales and client services teams of the region, the Manager of Group Sales, Southern Alberta is responsible for the creation of new business and growing the present customer base in the southern Alberta region. The Manager of Group Sales, Southern Alberta will also be required to mentor and coach the southern Alberta sales and service teams and ensure they meet their sales, retention and service targets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coach, mentor, support and assist the southern Alberta sales and service teams in their day to day activities.
- Direct sales team on sales tactics and strategies.
- Serve as office manager for daily activities in the Calgary sales branch office.
- Meetings and presentations with plan advisors to promote and support the organization.
- Assist sales representatives in the creation of sales and short-list presentations.
- Lead and present in short-list interviews when appropriate.
- Represent Alberta Blue Cross in both a sales and corporate capacity.
- Create quote opportunities through direct and indirect means.
- Represent Alberta Blue Cross in various community and business functions.
- Develop a network of key community and business people to allow for strategic approach in new business development.
- Participates in the development of the sales department strategic planning process.
- Provide regular status reports to the Senior Manager on business activity.
- Attends/participates in various community and business programs and functions. (CPBI, Chamber of Commerce events, etc.).
- Interacts with all existing group customers, sales staff, plan advisors, community and industry associations.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Experience in managing a sales force is essential.
- Life and Accident & Sickness licensing through the Alberta Insurance Council is required.
- Proven sales success and confidence in their abilities.
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to deliver on expectations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate and deal effectively with people at any level, including manager and executive level.
Alberta Blue Cross offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in a challenging team-oriented environment. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, please apply online at www.ab.bluecross.ca.