Drug Plan Management
Please join us on Wednesday April 19th, 2017 at the Fairmont Palliser Hotel, 133 – 9 Ave. SW Calgary.
This session will focus on drug plan management, specifically the opioid crisis and use of prescription narcotics, as well as maximum allowable cost pricing as an innovative cost management strategy.
What you will learn:
• Why you should be aware of narcotic risks in your drug plan
• What drugs are used to treat opioid dependence and how to implement coverage controls in your drug plan
• How maximum allowable cost pricing can help sustain drug plan viability without sacrificing the health and wellness of plan members
Who should attend:
• Human resources professionals with benefits responsibilities
• Benefits advisors and consultants
• Disability management specialists and substance abuse counselors
• Anyone who wants to learn more about drug plan management
CE CREDITS PENDING
Margaret Wurzer, B.Sc. (Pharm), M.Sc.
Senior Manager, Benefits and Product Development, Alberta Blue Cross
Margaret holds a Master of Science degree in Pharmacy from the University of Saskatchewan and a Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy from the University of Alberta. She is a licensed clinical pharmacist with the Alberta College of Pharmacists.
|As the Senior Manager of Benefits and Product Development, Margaret is currently responsible for overseeing product development as well as managing the drug benefit management area, responsible for providing support to Alberta Blue Cross’ Group and Individual divisions with all aspects of drug management. Margaret has more than 22 years of experience at Alberta Blue Cross. In her previous role as Senior Manager of the Clinical Drug Services department, she was responsible for strategic planning of the department’s administration of its Special Authorization processes, clinical services, and for drug pricing for government, group, and individual drug plans.|
| || |
What attendees are saying about our recent sessions
- “When a presenter holds your attention with content and style and you don't realize an hour has passed, they have done an excellent job.”
- “Really good presenter and topic of presentation is timely. The presenter made a very technical topic accessible and interesting.”
- “Highly recommend PD day for my colleagues to attend in the future.”
Wednesday April 19, 2017
11:30 am to Noon - Registration and Buffet Lunch
Noon to 1:30 pm - Presentation and Questions
Fairmont Palliser Hotel
133 9th Avenue SW
| || || || || |
CPBI Members: $ 65
Future Members: $ 95
Table of 8: $ 640
GST #106865330 RT0007
Phone: (587) 435-2724